Friday, August 20, 2010

About that handle in a CCU restroom . . .

On campus today, I opened the door to exit a CCU restroom. The handle came off in pieces that scattered on the floor.

The door closed.

I couldn't re-open the door.

I wondered how long I would have to wait before someone else would have to go to the toilet, so I might be liberated from the restroom.

Eventually, I rigged the handle to work well enough to open the door.

I escaped the restroom.

I went to my office and sat at my computer. I wondered if someone else might be experiencing the same thing I just went through.

I called the Facilities phone number.

With a very friendly voice, the lady on the other end advised me with a few bureaucratic phrases.

I thanked her and hung up.

I still have no idea what she said.

If you're presently stuck in the restroom, I'm really sorry.

No comments: