Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Bruery's Saison de Lente and Bear Republic's Racer 5 IPA, from Bodega in Conway

I had to file my column before I had a chance to review the two beers I mentioned, so I left a note saying I would offer my tasting notes on this blog.

Saison de Lente was light and very bubbly, almost a champaign in its pour and color. It reminded me of many lighter, Belgian-style beers. Pleasant, and worth the $10.99 for the big bottle.

Racer 5 IPA is my new favorite IPA. Imagine New Belgium's Fat Tire retooled for the IPA profile -- Racer 5 has that exquisite and rich malt profile along with the expected, and in this case, measured, hop presence of an IPA.

Two mugs up on both of these! One place to find them is Bodega in Conway. I also saw Racer 5 on tap at Myrtle Beach's Mellow Mushroom.

No comments: