Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Santa Fe Pale Ale 'close second' to Sierra Nevada


I was recently in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and ate at the Catamount Bar & Grille, where I ordered a pint of Santa Fe Pale Ale.


Santa Fe Pale Ale reminded me of Sierra Nevada and Bass -- I loved it.


I'm not alone in my opinion. At a dinner party in Albuquerque the next day, I talked with a fellow who lives in Santa Fe. He said Sierra Nevada is his favorite beer, but Santa Fe Pale Ale is a "close second."


Sante Fe Brewing Company is the oldest microbrewery in New Mexico.
I also tried the microbrewery's Santa Fe Nut Brown. It was good, with the smoothness and malty sweetness I expect from nut brown ales, but not the depth and variety in the flavor profile that I had hoped for. Still, a good, solid nut brown.


No comments: